Re: [ns] link capacity

I think it has to do with the send time for a packet.

With a bandwidth of only 5000 bits/s it takes 0.32 seconds to send a 200 byte packet. You have to take this into account when calculating the total bits sent within a second since the trace file only shows the time when the packet is sent. Am I making myself clear? The last packet you added into the total probably had not completely been sent within the second.

Kindly
/Håkan

Meow Chiow Chia wrote:

Dear ns-users
    I have a question.  In my simulation, a link
between node 0 and node 1 has a bandwith of 5000
bits/s, but if I checked the trace file, I noticed
that the total number bits that are departured  to the
link from the output queue of node 0 (assuming traffic
from node 0 to node 1) within one second, actually
exceeded 5000bits/sec, i.e. is about 5120 bits/sec.  I
am just wondering if anyone could tell me the reason
of this .  Your help on this is very much appreciated.

p/s:  I set a very huge queue limit, so that there is
no buffer overflow

Best regards
Meow