From: Lao Yu [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2001 11:24 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [ns] Doubts on GPRS patch of NS

Hi,
    I want to install the GPRS patch of NS, but got
some problems during my trying. I am working under Red
Hat Linux 7.1. The NS I installed is the
all-in-one-installation of NS based on
ns-allinone-2.1b7a and already incorporated the NOAH
extension from Jorg Widmer site
http://www.isci.berkeley.edu/~widmer/mnav/ns-extension,
named ns-wireless-2.1b7a.tar.gz.
I found that the general steps for installing the
patch are:
1. applied patch gprs_patch ;
2. copied files from final_code directory ;
3. compiled successfully ./install once more;
4. setting of all environment var ;
I tried to apply the patchfile "gprs_patch", but got
some problem. I am not sure whether what I have done
is correct or not.
Could anyone tell me some detail steps, such as how to
apply the patchfile(what linux command need I use --
is it "patch"; what options are needed?), copy the
files from final_code to where? how to compile, etc.
I am a newbie in both Linux & NS. I will be very
appreciated if you could give me some help.

Best Regards,
Lao Yu