Re: [ns] ARP Tables updated automatically??

On Fri, 28 Dec 2001, Teong Chun Seong Kerwin wrote:

> Hi,
>    I have a question with regard to the updating of ARP tables. Initially, I
> have a mobile node continuosly pinging a wired node through a base station
> node (BS0). As the mobile host moves out of the range of BS0 into the
> coverage of another base station node (BS1), will the ARP tables of BS1 and
> the wired node be udated automatically to indicate the mobile host's new
> attachment to BS1?

No, arp tables don't get updated. As MH moves away from the range of its
BS into that of another (BS1), BS0 tunnels all pkts for MH to BS1 as per
mobileIP spec. See chapter on mobile networking for details.
--Padma

> Regards,
> kerwin.

Be true to your work, your word, and your friend.
--Thoreau

Padmaparna Haldar