[ns] Mundane ns/Makefile question

Is there an easier way to recompile ns-2 than a 'make' if you have only
changed a few files? e.g. like a command line option to only recompile a
certain set of files and simply link from there - on - in, as opposed to a
full recompile and relinkage?

While I'm on cusp of asking borderline non-ns-specific questions, what's
the easiest way to grep through source code for 2 search terms? Is there a
program that I can pipe the output of 2 greps to and receive their common