Research Using Nam
- Varadhan, K., Estrin, D., and Floyd, S.
Impact of Network Dynamics on End-to-End Protocols:
Case Studies in Reliable Multicast
Submitted for review to infocom '98.
Vikram Visweswaraiah and John Heidemann.
Improving Restart of Idle TCP Connections.
Submitted for publication.
See the nam-derived
the nam trace,
and a description.
- Roger G. Kermode
Hybrid Automatic Repeat Request with Forward Error Correction
- Ken Carlberg and Jon Crowcroft
A comparison of multicast shared trees constructed with different
Computer Communications Review, Feb 1999.
Hints: If you install nam and configure it as a helper applciation
in your browser (for ".nam" files), then you can simply click on the
animation links above to bring up a live, interactive animation.
Here are the instructions to configure your browser to launch nam under UNIX:
- edit $HOME/.mailcap, add new line:
application/x-nam; nam %s
- edit $HOME/.mime.types, add new line:
Nam screen shots
- Using nam to study different TCP slow start behaviors.
- Using nam in satellite network research. Contributed by
See the instructions in order to configure your
browser to play nam traces.
To add a new listing to this page, please send information to
[Return to main nam page]