Next: 16.3 Implementation
Up: 16.2 Using the satellite
Previous: 16.2.9 Integration with other
16.2.10 Example scripts
Example scripts can be found in the tcl/ex directory, including:
In addition, there is a test suite script that tries to exercise a lot
of features simultaneously, it can be found at tcl/test/test-suite-sat.tcl.
- sat-mixed.tcl A simulation with a mixture of polar and
- sat-repeater.tcl Demonstrates the use of a simple bent-pipe
geostationary satellite, and also error models.
- sat-aloha.tcl Simulates one hundred terminals in a mesh-VSAT
configuration using an unslotted Aloha MAC protocol
with a ``bent-pipe'' geostationary satellite. Terminals listen to their
own transmissions (after a delay), and if they do not successfully receive
their own packet within a timeout interval, they perform exponential
backoff and then retransmit the packet.
- sat-iridium.tcl Simulates a broadband LEO constellation with
parameters similar to that of the Iridium constellation (with supporting
scripts sat-iridium-links.tcl, sat-iridium-linkswithcross.tcl,
- sat-teledesic.tcl Simulates a broadband LEO constellation with
parameters similar to those proposed for the 288 satellite Teledesic
constellation (with supporting scripts sat-teledesic-links.tcl and