Next: 3.3.1 Obtain a Reference
Up: 3. OTcl Linkage
Previous: 3.2 Code Overview
3.3 Class Tcl
The Tcl../Tcl/Tcl.h encapsulates the actual instance of
the OTcl interpreter, and provides the methods
to access and communicate with that interpreter.
The methods described in this section are relevant to the
programmer who is writing C++ code.
The class provides methods for the following operations:
We describe each of the methods in the following subsections.
- obtain a reference to the Tcl instance;
- invoke OTcl procedures through the interpreter;
- retrieve, or pass back results to the interpreter;
- report error situations and exit in an uniform manner; and
- store and lookup ``TclObjects''.
- acquire direct access to the interpreter.