Ns is often growing to include new protocols.
Unfortunately the documention doesn't grow quite as often.
This section lists what remains to be documented,
or what needs to be improved.
(The documentation is in the doc subdirectory of the ns source code
if you want to add to it. :-)
- Interface to the Interpreter
- Simulator Basics
- LANs need to be updated for new wired/wireless support
(Yuri updated this?)
- wireless support needs to be added
- should explicitly list queueing options in the queue mgt chapter?
- should pick a single list mgt package and document it
- should document the trace-post-processing utilities in bin
- The usage and design of link state and MPLS routing modules
are not documented at all. (Note: link state and MPLS appeared only in
daily snapshots and releases after 09/14/2000.)
- need to document hierarchical routing/addressing
(Padma has done)
- need a chapter on supported ad-hoc routing protocols
- need to document MFTP
- need to document RTP (session-rtp.cc, etc.)
- need to document multicast building blocks
- should repair and document snoop and tcp-int
- Traffic and scenarios
- (new section)
- should add a description of how to drive the simulator
- should add discussion of the scenario generator
- should add discussion of http traffic sources
- is the non-Haobo http stuff documented? no.
- should add disucssion of mixed mode (pending)
- should document admission control policies?
- should add a validation chapter and snarf
up the contents of ns-tests.html
- should snarf up Marc Greis' tutorial
rather than just referring to it?