Network Simulator (ns) Tutorial 2002
Lab 1 - OTcl and ns basics
- Simple Tcl/OTcl exercises
- Ns installation
NOTE: you should have installed ns on your laptop before ns tutorial.
We recommend you to install a special version of all-in-one package
(based on the latest ns-2.1b9 release with various bug fixes).
You can download it from here.
In case you need help, please refer to the ns installation page.
- Run and play with sample scripts
Please figure out the following through these sample scripts:
- how to show nam animation?
- how to monitor agent and trace variables in nam?
- how to use nam graph to show TCP sequence plot?
- how to use xgraph (generate data, and plot graph)?
If you encounter any run-time error, please notify the instructors.
- Simple NS Exercises