Re: NS2 compiles, but doesn't run

>we just installed ns-2.0a16, and I tried
>
>	ns test-suite.tcl tahoe1
>
>but I got the following error message:
>
>invalid command name "ns"
>    while executing
>"ns node"

Probably ns didn't build correctly because it couldn't find tclsh
which is needed to build ns-lib.tcl in the gen subdirectory.  The
build will have failed to build ns-lib.tcl properly, and so nothing
works.

Check whether this is in fact what's happening, by removing everything
in "gen" and re-making.  If this is the case, edit the Makefile so it
looks for "tclsh7.6" or whetever it's installed as on your platform.

Mark