Re: NS2 compiles, but doesn't run

Mark,

>>we just installed ns-2.0a16, and I tried
>>
>>	ns test-suite.tcl tahoe1
>>
>>but I got the following error message:
>>
>>invalid command name "ns"
>>    while executing
>>"ns node"
>
>Probably ns didn't build correctly because it couldn't find tclsh
>which is needed to build ns-lib.tcl in the gen subdirectory.  The
>build will have failed to build ns-lib.tcl properly, and so nothing
>works.
>
>Check whether this is in fact what's happening, by removing everything
>in "gen" and re-making.  If this is the case, edit the Makefile so it
>looks for "tclsh7.6" or whetever it's installed as on your platform.
>
>Mark

Yes, it was indeed the case that ns-lib.tcl was not built properly.
I modified the Makefile to find the tclsh7.6 at the right place
and NS2 works now. By the way, I still don't see ns-lib.tcl in
gen directory, but it seems to be instead in ./tcl/lib/ns-lib.tcl.
Does this mean that something's still wrong?

Thanks a lot!

Hyogon Kim					                (201) 829-4728
Research Scientist				             [email protected]
Computer Networking Research Department		                   Rm. 1B-225B
Internet Architecture Research Laboratory	                      Bellcore
Applied Research Center				              445 South Street
Bell Communications Research			          Morristown, NJ 07960