Re: trying to compile the Tcl libraries for ns-2.0

On Mon, 30 Jun 1997, Dennis Connors - Intern wrote:

	Kevin, please allow me ...

> Thanks for the tip on tcl libraries.  It worked fine.
> Now I am trying to compile the libTcl source code for ns-2.0.  I am using a
> Sparc Solaris2.5.  It does not come with any C++ compiler preinstalled.  I
> just use gcc 2.7.2.1.  When I run the ./configure it gives me the following
> error.  It appears to be searching for a C++ compiler other than gcc.  Do you
> know how to get around this problem.

	I don't think this is a c++ or g++ problem.  As matter of fact,
when you install g++, a hard link would be made to c++.

	According to your config.log, your libg++ is not installed
properly which caused the problem.  (Or, maybe there is no libg++
installed on your system).  Please check it out.

> configure:822: checking for c++
> configure:853: checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) works
> configure:867: c++ -o conftest    conftest.C  1>&5
> ld: fatal: library -lstdc++: not found

	Normally, libstdc++.a is located at /usr/local/lib
Hope this helps.

-WeeSan

http://www.isi.edu/~wlee/
+1 (310)822-1511x116