Re: flow manager and lossy links.

> From:  "Frank J de Bruin" <[email protected]>
> To:    [email protected]
> Subject: flow manager and lossy links.
> Date:  Mon, 11 Aug 1997 11:22:13 PDT
>

> New to ns, I have started to look at ns-1.4.  While getting the basics right,

> I am trying to model a simple (satellite link). I would like to see how I can

> get bit error rates vs performance figures.
>
> I know now how to use the flow manager to get statistics of the number bytes
> traveling on the link, however, that doesn't seem to work with a link type
> 'lossy-uniform'.
>
> I realize that lossy-links have no queuing. Is that the reason why there is n
> flow manager data? Is there a way around this?

Correct.  (This wasn't exactly a design goal, but just a result of not
putting it in).  I'd recommend changing the lossy link's enque function
to include the functionality in drop-tail.cc or red.cc... that is,
something like:
        if (flowmgr_) {
                if ((f = flowmgr_->findflow(p)) == NULL)
                        f = flowmgr_->newflow(p);
                if (f)
                        f->arrival(p);
        }