Re: QoS Interdomain Routing

> I am an MPhil student at the University of Malta. I am not sure this is the
> place to post but would appreciate your comments. I am currently preparing
> my research proposal and intend to work on interdomain QoS routing.

While there is no reason that intra and inter domain QOS routing must
be different, it is good that you must be aware of all the
scalability issues which some people are trying to ignore to
endorse their intra domain proposals.

> I feel that somehow I am missing the current position of QoS-ID routing.
> The only thing current about QoS routing which refers to inter-domain
> routing in particular is the IETF QoS framework draft. My major concern at
> the moment is finding the current state of the art in this field. Can
> anyone point me to other relevant material or any working groups that are
> currently working on QoS inter-domain routing issue? If not any other
> information would be much appreciated.

The protocol described in:

	Yukinori Goto, Masataka Ohta, Keijiro Araki, "Path QoS Collection
	for Stable Hop-by-Hop QoS Routing", Proceedings of INET'97,
	http://www.isoc.org/isoc/whatis/conferences/inet/97/proceedings/F4/F4_2.HTM,
	June 1997.

works both for intra and inter domain QoS routing without known
scalability problems.

It should also be interesting for you to read the analysis by
PIM people on how poorly MOSPF (without QoS routing) scales.

						Masataka Ohta