Re: NS Agent

(Sorry)		http://www.isi.edu/~kannan/Tcl.ps.Z

> Which srm.tcl?  There are two:  tcl/ex/srm.tcl and tcl/mcast/srm.tcl.
> The second appears to do the same work as srm.cc.  How do
> tcl/mcast/srm.tcl and srm.cc interact?

tcl/mcast/srm.tcl is the SRM code; the two perform complimentary
functions, and call each other.  It is possible to write
substantial code entirely in OTcl.  Ahmed has been working on
pim implementations in this manner.

>                                         Is it possible to
> write everything in Otcl?

I found it useful to keep packet level activity in C++ for
reasons of speed, and control activity in OTcl to allow quick
configuration and modifications.  The SRM code reflects this design
choice, in the expectation that folks want to experiment with the timer
algorithms, error recovery mechanisms, and control over sending session
messages.

Kannan