Re: [ns-2] Re: help

>Hi Dapeng,
>
>> Would you please point me out if there is any ATM module in ns1 or ns2
>> or I should program ATM module by myself?
>
>ATM and the MBone are not compatible. For example, the MBone is a datagram
>service, whereas in ATM, the network must be informed upon call setup. It
>then finds a route to the destination(s) and might reserve resources (at
>least if service requested is not UBR).
>
>As ns-2 imitates the Internet/MBone, it cannot handle ATM-traffic.

(lots of deleted stuff)
I'm not sure what kind of ATM simulation Dapeng is attempting to do, but
if ATM is being treated as essentially a MAC layer, I don't see why
you can't add it to ns-2. Though I had to admit it, I wrote some
segmentation and reassembly agents for my own version of ns-1. There was
no ATM signalling included since the MAC I was simulating was just using
the cellification of ATM. It would be a moderate amount of work to do
an ATM MAC, but I don't see any reason why it couldn't be done.

	Kathie Nichols