pareto and exponential traffic sources

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could advise me on WARM-UP time issues for
simulations involving the Pareto ON/OFF and exponential ON/OFF sources.

I don't know what warm-up time is, but have seen it mentioned in papers
that describe simulations (not ns based) using these types of traffic. I
*feel* that it might have something to do with the state transition
probabilities in the system reaching steady state. (don't kill me for
using the term "steady state" in networking) .

Thanks

Vince