Re: Daily snapshot build comments - getrusage/Sparc 20 fixed

On Thu, 3 Sep 1998, Lloyd Wood wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, John Heidemann wrote:
>
> > Btw, what mechanism are you using to sims in parallel?
>
> I start the scripts by hand. I have a 'general' simulation script that
> loads in scripts setting parameters passed by parameter (via
> line-by-line eval - I keep wondering if there's a better way...)

Yup.

   set parameterscript [lindex $argv 0]
   puts "this is ns constellation simulation $argv0 running script \
          $parameterscript"
   source $parameterscipt

beats

   set parameterscript [lindex $argv 0]
   puts "this is ns constellation simulation $argv0 running script \
          $parameterscript"
   source $parameterscript
   set f [open $parameterscript r]
   while {[gets $f line] >=0} {
     eval $line
   }
   close $f

hands down. Thanks for the Tcl-is-really-a-shell reminder, harlisya.

Cheers,

L.

<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>PGP<[email protected]>