[ns] CMU extensions to ns: Installation problem

Hello
   I am trying to install the CMU extensions to ns simulator.
When I tried to "make" at the ns-src, I got the following error:
If you have any idea on this error please kindly inform me.
Thank you very much.
Regards
Ghee
---------------
ghee@yukon(305)% make
:
:
In file included from random.h:40,
                 from random.cc:42:
config.h:50: conflicting types for `typedef signed char int8_t'
/usr/include/sys/int_types.h:62: previous declaration as `typedef char
int8_t'
random.cc:45: declaration of C function `int srandom(...)' conflicts with
/usr/include/stdlib.h:182: previous declaration `void srandom(unsigned int)'
here
make: *** [random.o] Error 1
ghee@yukon(306)%