[ns] Wireless scenarios in Windows -- Help

I am trying to simulate a wired cum wireless scenario in windows but when I
run the simulation I get an error :
Null - Invalid Packet Type ((Null))

I am running windows ME and have also tried ns on windows 95 with the same
errors. I am using Visual C++ 5 and am just completely at a loss

Does anybody out there know what is wrong? I have set up a new system using
Linux but do not use this operating system very much and it is taking a lot
longer on it

I have tried various snapshots of ns-2.1b7 and also the ns-2.1b7 current
release with the same errors

Cheers

Richard J Woffinden