[ns] ns pre-built version for Windows

Dear ns users,

We are graduating students at the University of Siena (Italy)-
Telecommunications Lab. and we are evaluating the possibility to use ns
simulator that is particularly suitable for TCP and IP simulations. However,
we have encountered some problems in using the pre-built  version on Windows
98  (# ns-2_1b7-snapshot-20000616-win32).
In particular, we have been not able to run the wireless scripts in the Marc
Greis's tutorial, where we have received the following error message
occurring in the "simple_wireless.tcl" script: "invalid packet type
((null))".
Moreover, another typical problem in running "wireless2.tcl" was related to
the following error message: "uneven number of args....invoked from
within...."addr2id init 1.0.0"....invoked from within"AddrParams addr2id
[$BS(0) node-addr]".
Moreover in "wireless3.tcl" the simulation run, but it stop too early and
the nam(#nam-1.0a8-win32.exe) displays an unexpected scenario.

Hence, we would like to know which are the limits of the pre-built  version
for Windows  (e.g., is it good for running all the included tutorial
examples ?). Does the pre-built version support fully of the library
functionalities ? Do you think that we have to rebuilt the ns simulator ? We
have read about the Download Instructions and Installation Problems and Bug
Fixes and we have searched in the Mailing List Archive but we don't have
solved the above problems.

Many thanks in advance for your kind support.

Looking forward to hearing from you asap,

Sincerely,

M. Pelosi and S. Stellin