Re: [ns] Adding new Routing Protocol/Forwarding Algorithm to NS

On Fri, 4 May 2001, Shekhar Kshirsagar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have asked this before couple time, but didn't get any answer.
>
> I want to add a new routing protocol to NS (a Link State Protocol), and
> want to be able to do the forwarding based on that. If possible, I will
> like to start with NS's LS Implementation.
>
> How do I proceed?
You can start off with Greis's tutorial on creating a new protocol for ns.
http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/tutorial/
Read ns-manual chapter on unicast routing. see LS examples and test
scripts under tcl/ex and tcl/test.

> What do I need to modify? TCL/C++ Files, which ones?
LS is mostly implemented under ~ns/linkstate/* and
tcl/rtglib/rtProtoLS.tcl
There maybe some other files to look at as well.

> Do I have a choice, if I want to do it in C++ as opposed to TCL?

current LS in ns is implemented in C++ with Otcl interfaces.
If your experiment required it, you could change that.

--Padma

> Please help...
>
> Thanks,
> Shekhar

Be true to your work, your word, and your friend.
--Thoreau

Padmaparna Haldar