[ns] sendmsg() in udp.cc - regarding

Hi all,
I am trying to understand how a UDP agent Agent/UDP sends packets
generated.

Here is an example case:

$ns attach-agent $s1 $udp0
set cbr0 [new Application/Traffic/CBR]
$cbr0 attach-agent $udp0

In the above code a CBR traffic generator is attached to UDP agent and so
packets are generated periodically.

My question: how are the packets generated by UDP received by the whatever
module I am using. For example, am working on Nortel's diffserv module and
after packet generation starts, the packets are received by the
edgeQueue::enque() function in edge.cc. So how does the enque() function
get the packet from UDP's sendmsg() function or "whatever" function?
And what does the statement in the function UDPAgent::sendmsg()
target_->recv(p) mean?

Lemme know if my question is not clear.

Thanks.

-Mani