IGP-TE and MPLS Constraint Based Routing, any takers ? (Was: RE: [ns] Manual routing)

All,

Browsing through the archives found signs of feeble attempts but
mostly (surprise-surprise) questions  about IGP-TE (traffic engineering
extensions to IGPs) and Constraint-Based Routing in MPLS domains.

For some time now I'm digging thorugh ns code trying to figure out how
to extend the existing rtProtoLS (as a "link-state IGP") to include
the TrafficEngineering extensions as a first base to implement
Constraint-Based Routing in MPLS.  Then try to see how can that be
combined w/ the existing code for network dynamics and scenario
generator to simulate random failures/reroutings  in large domains.

Needless to say this would mean touching quite a bit of code: Implementing
link bandwidth reservation and extending the existing CR-LDP code
comes first to mind.

My questions to the list:

-First and foremost, is there anybody out there working on this ? I
_really_  don't like to reinvent the wheel unless I have to. Send the
reply to me directly to avoid spraying the whole list.

-Second (and this is for the main ns developers) are there any plans
to touch these areas  ? (Just checking....)

-Third and the last: Any suggestions on how to do this in a sane manner ?
The way things are in ns is it _really_ a good idea to extend
rtProtoLS or I'll be better off implementing a new route logic from ground
up under RtModule/MPLS? (Again, I'm intrested in MPLS domains
_only_. AFAIU hierarchical domains are also out of the question)

Any (informed) suggestions or ideas are warmly welcomed,

Florian