[ns] Tclcl make problem

hi,
i am trying to install ns2.1b2 (on Linux)and hence am using tclcl-1.0b5. i
have been able to configure it but am having problems while running make.
I have gone through the mail archives and saw that many others have
reported the same problem but couldn't find any solution to the same. so
i ask this question again on the ns-users list. this is what i get on
running make:

In file included from tclcl.h:48,
                 from Tcl.cc:51:
tclcl-mappings.h: In function `int TclObjectHelper<T>::dispatch_ (void
*, Tcl_Interp *, int, char **)':
tclcl-mappings.h:51: parse error before `::'
make: *** [Tcl.o] Error 1

Can someone please help me out with this problem.
thanks.

- Nipul Shah