[ns] Queue Monitor - Enque rate

Hi all

I need to find the instantaneous peak rate for packet arrivals from a number of
sources to a drop-tail queue. I would then compare this rate to the link
capacity (Band-width) from which I would derive a number of variables to use in
modeling. I can do it in TCLCL, using  Sink monitor, but this is too slow and
only provide the average over an interval.

I need to use the queue monitor or the drop-tail que itself to report the
instantaneous rate for me directly. Prefererably as the recirocal of the
aggrgate arrival rate without regard to the sources the packets have arrived
from. Alternativelly pArrivals doivideed by (now) the simulation time.

Can some one help me here with defined steps (or examples). My C++ programming
ability is very basic I am learning it on the fly as I go along.

Appreciate your kinded help.