[ns] FullTCP bug: data is dropped in TCPS_SYN_SENT and TCPS_SYN_RECEIVED states

Hi,
   While working with the FullTCP agent from ns-2.1b8a I came across a bug
in
FullTcpAgent::advance_bytes that causes data to be dropped if sent during
the TCPS_SYN_SENT and TCPS_SYN_RECEIVED states. Here is a fix which
I believe solves the problem:

  $ diff tcp-full.cc ../../ns-allinone-2.1b8a/ns-2.1b8a/tcp-full.cc
  340,341d339
  <       } else if (state_ == TCPS_SYN_SENT || state_ ==
TCPS_SYN_RECEIVED){// AVT
  <               curseq_ += nb;
// AVT

This problem has been mentioned before by Matthew Caesar
(ref: http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/archive/ns-users/webarch/2000/msg05904.html)
and a fix (for case of TCPS_SYN_SENT) was provided by Joris van Rantwijk
(ref:
http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/archive/ns-users/webarch/current/msg02629.html)
unfortunately, I could not find these emails until I had located the bug and
fixed
it :(  Please do let me know if I missed something here!

Thanks,
Ashish.

Ashish V. Thapliyal      (805) 690 5752 v
Software Engineer        (805) 690 6471 f
Expertcity               [email protected]
5385 Hollister Avenue
Santa Barbara, CA 93101