Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2001 7:56 PM
Subject: ns-2/nam-1 Compilation on Windows 98

Hi all,
here I quickly describe the ns-2/nam-1 compilation on Windows 98 (on Windows ME I'm not able to run nam-1; I didn't test this procedure on Windows NT).
Create the directory C:\PROJECT\STATIC; after create the folder C:\PROJECT\STATIC\TEMP; in this last folder place the files that I attached and these others:
http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/dist/tcltk/tcl80p2-win32-static.zip
Decompress in the same directory c:\project\static\temp only the files that I attached.
Double-click on the batch file decomp-static-win32.bat.
When it finishs, double-click on the batch file substitution-static-win32.bat.
When the execution finishs, click on the "start" menu, after on "run"; so, write:
c:\windows\command.com /E:32000
The prompt appears: cd into c:\project\static\temp and run from the prompt the batch file
compile-static-win32.bat (maybe you must apport some changes respect to your configuration):
the output of the command nmake is redirected on file.
That's all!
Bye, Davide Oscar Nitti