[ns] NS with GPRS-module - successfully passed GPRS-module internal test (example.tcl)

Yes, indeed.

I have prepared a distribution file, named ns-allinone-2.1b7a.tar.gz,
size about 49 M with
a README_FROM_ROBERT file.

You are welcome to tell me your anonymous ftp-site with write
permissions, or any other account on your choice
to make put to it.

Sorry, but internal security arrangements do not enable me to offer you
a web site or ftp site for download.

What was done is :
My OS is Solaris 5.7 on sparc, NS simulator version is
ns-allinone-2.1b7a.

I tried to follow the procedure of Roger ([email protected]) and did the
following:

STEP 1:

Dowloaded the all-in-one-installation of ns based on ns-allinone-2.1b7a
and already incorporating the NOAH
extension from Jorg Widmer site
http://www.isci.berkeley.edu/~widmer/mnav/ns-extension, named
ns-wireless-2.1b7a.tar.gz .

Another option is to copy manually files with Thomas Schwabe version of
the NOAH extension from the same site into standard
ns-wireless-2.1b7a.tar.gz distribution.

KNOWN PROBLEMS (STILL PEOPLE  LIVE WTH THAT, see posted by Roger's
correpondence)
In both cases the compilation was o'key, but ./validate failed for the
tests:

mip-adv-one, mip-adv-zero, mip-adv-multi failed with core dump;
test-all-energy.tcl : dsdv, dsr, aodv - compute-routes problem ;
dsdv-wired-cum-wireless has a meaningfull, but different output ;
wireless1 and wireless2- configuration problems;
wireless3 - core dump ;
test-all-wireless-tdma.tcl : dsdv and dsr - configuration problem
test-suite-wireless-shadowing.tcl : dsr - configuration and routing
problem
test-suite-wireless-diffusion.tcl : diff-rate-default, diff-rate-other,
omnicast, flooding - configuration problems

STEP 2. GPRS MODULE from Richa Jain

To the directories obtained from step 1 :
1. applied patch pgrs_patch ;
2. copied files from final_code directory ;
3. compiled successfully ./install once more;
4. setting of all environment var ;

Now the problem:

'ns example.tcl' test from GPRS module has failed with:
rlc-timers.cc:88: failed assertion 'busy_' ;

I commented the assert temporarily  as well as assert in ll-timers.cc:87

Modified output file instead of "gprs_err_acked.tr" to be
"gprs_err_acked.tr.21.10.2001"

and tryed 'ns example.tcl'

cd to the directory with the GPRS package; cd gprs_doc

gzip -d gprs_err_acked.tr.gz

diff gprs_err_acked.tr FULL_PATH/gprs_err_acked.tr.21.10.2001

NO DIFFERENCES REPORTED

The build was copied to directory ns-allinone-2.1b7a-GPRS

cded to directory and make uninstall ; make realclean or distclean or
clean or veryclean

This file was added to the ns-allinone-2.1b7a-GPRS directory.

Please, pay attention to the above mentioned asserts, as I had no time
to go inside the matter.

Yours sincerely,

Robert Iakobashvili

Software Engineer