[ns] Packet Caching

Hello,

I am trying to cache packets in intermediate nodes at the link layer.
However, I am having problems storing the packets in some structure.
Basically,

I create a new copy using the Packet::copy() method.
I was storing these copies in a stl map class. However, moment I store
this copy, the original packet from which I made this copy is not
forwarded using the sendUp(Packet *) method of the link layer.If i don't
store then the packet is forwarded. Why should the copy affect the
behavior of the original packet?

I tried to use an array of Packet* statically allocated. This is giving me
segmentation faults. Will dynamically creating an array affect the
way
Packet class is handled in ns.

i.e. if I do
Packet *list = new Packet[num]

I ask this because packets are already allocated and kept in ns. I will be
allocating more by this call

Thanks

Aashish Patil