[ns] how to use my new node

Hi ns-experts,
I have a small newbie question. I have created my own Node deriving from
Node->MobileNode->AdHoc ( in c++ )
I need to use this as my default node. But I figured from the example
scripts that the node is set by default depending on the routing
protocol chosen.
Can you point me in some direction?
Thanks and regards,
Vivek & Naresh

I tried the following

ns_ node-config \
.....blah blah....

Set ns_ [new Simulator]
Set node_(0) [$ns_ node]
Set node_(0) [new Node/MobileNode/AdHoc ]

ns_ run

When I run my simulation I am getting problem as soon as
Assert(initialized()); is called in the set_destination function of
MobileNode. I presume that this is because some parameter has not been
initialized.