Re: [ns] how to use my new node

Simulator procedures node-config(), node() , create-wireless-node()
etc defined in tcl/lib/ns-lib.tcl should tell you how mobilenodes are
configured based on the defined adhoc routing protocol. Also read the
chapter on mobile networking in ns-manual for internals of a mobilenode.
--Padma

On Sat, 1 Dec 2001, Naresh Verma wrote:

> Hi ns-experts,
> I have a small newbie question. I have created my own Node deriving from
> Node->MobileNode->AdHoc ( in c++ )
> I need to use this as my default node. But I figured from the example
> scripts that the node is set by default depending on the routing
> protocol chosen.
> Can you point me in some direction?
> Thanks and regards,
> Vivek & Naresh

> I tried the following
>
> ns_ node-config \
> .....blah blah....
>
> Set ns_ [new Simulator]
> Set node_(0) [$ns_ node]
> Set node_(0) [new Node/MobileNode/AdHoc ]

> ns_ run
>

> When I run my simulation I am getting problem as soon as
> Assert(initialized()); is called in the set_destination function of
> MobileNode. I presume that this is because some parameter has not been
> initialized.

Be true to your work, your word, and your friend.
--Thoreau

Padmaparna Haldar