Re: [ns] forwarding mcast packets

Hi,

> > [snip]
> >
> > Then I do a lookup on the node name using TclObject::lookup() and then I
> > call  recv(pkt) on the reference returned.
>

> You may want to take a more careful look at the classifier. What slot_[]
> returns is the next hop link HEAD, instead of the next hop node. A packet
> can only be forwarded from the ns object it is at to an object the current
> object targets (i.e., directly connected to). Hope this helps.

So basically, what you are telling me is to forward on a link, node directly
on a node!?

Actually I tried this. But when I (in C++) do a TclObject::lookup(oif) I get
a null pointer back - it can't find the link :-(

The OTcl reference name I'm doing the lookup on should be ok. I tried doing:

[$link info class]

on it in Otcl, which responded with "SimpleLink".

Does anyone have an idea of why TclObject::lookup() does not find the object
for my link?

Regards, Per