Re: Need your SRM scripts

> From: Christoph Haenle <[email protected]>
> Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 14:40:22 +0200

> Hi Christos,
>
> > I am looking for scripts for SRM, to compare with LMS.  Also, if anyone
> > has implemented local recovery in SRM I would be very interested in
> > that too.
>
> I think Kannan has implemented a local recovery version of SRM, which is in
> tcl/mcast/srm-ssm.tcl (but I'm not quite sure if that handles really local
> recovery - I browsed over it some time ago and saw that it has lots of
> statements involving scoping). Couldn't find any docu on this class though.

Two points:

Puneet Sharma ([email protected]) implemented SSM, or
Scalable Session Messages.  It is *not* a local recovery version
of SRM, but a hierarchical scheme for scaling on the bandwidth
usage of session messages without compromising the distance estimation
and loss detection functions of session messages.  Puneet or Sally
can speak more to the algorithm and its implementation in ns.

I am only culpable for the base SRM classes, found
in ~ns/mcast/srm.tcl and ~ns/mcast/srm-adaptive.tcl.

Kannan

--
[email protected]
http://www.isi.edu/~kannan