About ns

I am L.Garbo undergraduate student by  University of Bologna , I'd like to ask
you some in-depht notices as regard  Ns-2 simulator. Thesis on which I work
expects use of this simulator to implement a broad-ban net. This net uses time
division optical packets called OTP-N (1), in which IP's packets inserted in
function of their length.A fondamental role in political administration of
this packets is played by MTU parameter of IP's header with which could be
implemented in IP's header (respectively in IP.cc and IP.h files), I'd like to
ask you how IP's segmentation is administrated by Ns-2, if it does, and in
which code files procedures of administration are located.
I had problems also as regard creation of a link which uses OTP-N , because it
could be implemented as a frame of bytes of CBR type leaved by node even T
seconds, while OTP-N is more elastic in case of it's used as an information
container and it could also result incompletely empty. Finally I'd like to ask
you how is possible to implement a link with OTP-N packets (also here MTU is
fundamental)using Ns-2 and where are methods code files of Tcl classes, for
example:
alloc (); in Packet.h or Packet.cc

Looking forward to hearing from you
Best regards