Re: routing protocols in ns

On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Nicklas Hedman wrote:

> Dear ns-users,
>
> We are trying to implement an On-demand routing protocol (AODV) into ns
> and have a question regarding routing lookups.
>
> * ) When using for example the DV routing protocol that is implemented
> in ns,when/where is the actual routing lookup done?

The basic routing lookup is done through class Routelogic's lookup{}
call (~ns/tcl/lib/ns-route.tcl) which looks up routing tables (in
~ns/route.cc); lookup takes 2 node ids as args and returns the nexthop
for node 1 to reach node 2.

You may want to take a look at chp 14 (unicast routing) of ns
documentation for other routing mechanisms in ns.

--Padma.

> With regards,
>
> Nicklas & Tony

Be true to your work, your word, and your friend.
--Thoreau

Padmaparna Haldar
ISI/USC.
310.822.1511 #352