Re: Problem running nam-example.tcl

On Sat, 22 Aug 1998, Ahmed A-G Helmy wrote:

> > I encounter this error while running nam-example.tcl
>
> not sure which version of the script you're running, the script runs fine
> with me... may be you need to add the following command to your script:
> Simulator set NumberInterfaces_ 1
>
> just before the line:
>
> set ns [new MultiSim]

That's not in any tcl/ex/nam-example.tcl I've seen, all-in-one or
otherwise; they all contain the NumberInterfaces line prior to

set ns [new Simulator]

but do not contain any reference to [new MultiSim].

Surely the MultiSim stuff in tcl/mcast/ns-mcast.tcl is only for
backwards compatibility, and since Simulator is the superclass that's
what's normally used?

Is my understanding correct?

thanks,

L.