Re: Very strange sim results

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, Lloyd Wood wrote:

: On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, Biaz Saad wrote:
:
: > Are you using a lossy link ?

No.

: I suspect Chris's problem is that he is opening the tracefile, but not
: explicitly closing it, so stuff doesn't always get flushed out to it.

Also, if I explicitely close the trace file doing a
   $ns at $stopTime "close $tFile"
that doesn't change anything.

(The man page for close states: "Channels are automatically closed
when an interpreter is destroyed and when the process exits. Channels
are switched to blocking mode, to ensure that all output is correctly
flushed before the process exits.")

BTW, I'm using ns 2.1b3.

I'd be really interested if anyone can verify this behavior. I feel
that the problem encountered is truely fundamental and that all my
simulations might be falsified.

thank's a lot,
chris

  Christof Brandauer                        [email protected]
  Student of Applied Informatics
  Department of Computer Science, University of Salzburg, Austria