ns and Visual C++6.0

Hello,

I am having trouble compiling ns using Visual C++. The version of ns
source code that I am using is
 2.1b4, and the version of the compiler is 6.0 . I am able to compile
tcl8.0, tk8.0, otcl-1.0a3, an
d tclcl-1.0b7 without problems using the Microsoft compiler. Also, I am
able successfully compile
the same source code for ns on Solaris with gcc.

The compiler error messages are listed below. Looking at the code, they
seem to have to do with the
 definition of template classes. The Visual C++ documentation says that
there have been certain changes
between VC++ Versions 4.0 and 5.0, with respect to the compiler's
handling of template class definitions.

Has anyone been able to compile this version of ns with a version of
VisualC++ after 4.0?

Thanks,

Jim

--
Jim Washburn                                  Lara Technology, Inc.
[email protected]                        2880 Zanker Rd. Suite 104