Re: Problem

On Tue, 2 Mar 1999, Chadi M. BARAKAT wrote:

> I got the following error message while installing ns.

from the allinone package? You don't say.

> Do you have any idea??

Hmmm, Inria Sophia Antipolis recently upgraded en masse to Solaris
2.6 - or so Antoine tells me. (although you neglect to say what you're
using.) So, since I'm also using Solaris...

If you look in ~tcl8.0/unix/configure.in
you'll see:
#--------------------------------------------------------------------
#       Under Solaris 2.4, strtod returns the wrong value for the
#       terminating character under some conditions.  Check for this
#       and if the problem exists use a substitute procedure
#       "fixstrtod" that corrects the error.
(for my Tcl 8.0p2, anyway), followed by various bits and pieces.

My guess is that Tcl isn't taking account of Solaris 2.6 in this and
strtod is fixed (no idea about 2.5/2.5.1), and configure needs
adjusting. I'd also guess that a later Tcl (you don't specify what
version you're running) may fix this. Looks very much like a Tcl
problem, rather than an ns problem, to me.

Cheers,

L.

all this from 'grep * fixstrtod'! I've never liked find.