virtual Lan with hierarchical routing

Hi, everyone:

After reading the source code of vlan.tcl and its documentation, I am still
a little bit confused with this warning:
" if used with hierarchical routing, one has to assign a hierarchical
address to the lan itself. "

1.What is hierarchical routing? Is there any relationship with dynamic
routing? What' s the difference with static routing?
2. What is hierarchical address? How can I assign this address to the lan?

Thanks in advance.

Sarah

  Sarah Xiaohui Liu, 613-765-3203                        o__     o~__
  Email: [email protected]                  _,>/_   _,>/_
            [email protected]                     (*)   (*) (*)   (*)
  Mail Stop: 0C32, Nortel Networks Corp.