Q: is more than 127 agents at one node possible?

Hi,

I am a new NS user and I ran into the following problem:

I need to simulate large number of concurrent TCP connections. I tried creating
the topology like this:

1000 nodes ---- Router link Router ---- 1000 nodes, each node has one TCP
connection to one peer

In this case the machine I am using tends to dump core, without any complaints,
with the core size equal to all the available memory.

I tried changing the topology like this:

1000 nodes ---- Router link Router ---- node #1001, each node has a TCP
connection to node 1001,  but I cannot make more than 127 agents to get attached
to one node.

Is there a way out of this? Perhaps some command to expand the port address
space, equivalent to "Node expandaddr" ?

TIA,

Igor V. Alekseev
Yaroslavl State University Internet Centre