Tracing Question??

Hi
My name is Mireille, I am working now on the ns to try to get a trace file
in a specific format. I am new to TCL and ns. So, I will try to explain what
I am trying to do in simple terms.

I am trying to get the trace file in a table format to be fed into another
program for processing, most the information that I need to put in the trace
file is default to ns; however, I will be adding additional information to
that. To do that I will be needing access to the TCP header and IP header
that ns has generated. Is that possible??? And if it is what is the best way
to accomplish the formatting process??

thank you very much
Mireille