Re: Installation problem : wish

Kartick,

It seems, even though I am not completely sure, that you have an
installation problem.  Looking at the error message, it looks like the
program looks for a different tk other than 8.0.4.  However, I cannot
say that with certainty since I don't have enough data.

What is the operating system you are running under?  Are you using the
ns-allinone package?

Nader

Kartik> I have been able to successfully make ns, tcl and tk.
Kartik> However when I try to run ns, it gives a segmentation fault. I
Kartik> tried to run "wish", the executable for tk8.0.4, but it gives
Kartik> the following error :
Kartik> ----------------------------
Kartik> "
Kartik> Application initialization failed: Can't find a usable init.tcl in the
Kartik> following directories:
Kartik>     /auto/repos/tcltk/tk8.0.3/lib/tcl8.0 /opt/gnu/lib/tcl8.0 /opt/lib/tcl8.0 /opt/gnu/library /opt/library /opt/tcl8.0/library /tcl8.0/library
Kartik>
Kartik> This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed properly.
Kartik> "
Kartik> ----------------------------
Kartik>
Kartik> I tried running tclsh and it runs perfectly fine.
Kartik>
Kartik> I understand that the problem is that init.tcl is not present
Kartik> in any of the listed directories. Can anyone tell me how I can
Kartik> modify these listed directories ?
Kartik>
Kartik> I know that init.tcl is present in my ../tcl8.0/library directory.
Kartik>
Kartik> Thanx.
Kartik> -Kartik
Kartik>