A RED problem

I wanted to know if the "drop_tail_" parameter for RED in ns gives rise to
different number of dropped packets depending on whether it is set to "true"
or "false".

According to me, drop_tail_ set to true only means that the last packet has
to be dropped. And setting it to false implies that any packet in the queue
can be dropped.
=> The number of dropped packets should be the same in either case.

Please correct me if I am mistaken.

I have tried to run a test-suite for RED, but obtained different results for
the two cases. So I am a bit confused!
(try running test-suite-sack.tcl sackB4 with drop_tail_ true and false).

Thanx,
Kartik