RE: Add queue

> Thanks for the reply. Actually I was confused because when I looked into
> monitor-queue function, there is a parameter SampleInstance, which is
> actually used in init-monitor function. But I couldn't find any use of it. I
> thought it was used to sample the queue length.
>
> I am wondering if I want to record a trace of the instantaneous queue size
> sampled at each packet arrival and departure, and compute the average of the
> queue size over the duration of the simulation, should I use the trace file
> to record it or I could just use queuemonitor? Where can I get a similar
> example or has anyone done this before?

I guess the integrator used in queue monitors is provided for this
purpose. However I'm not clear how you can use it, and I've not seen any
examples scripts or test suites using it. Try to look at integrator.{h,cc}
and ns-lib.tcl to find out how to use it. It'll be great if you can write
a little script as a demo and we'll put it in the tcl/ex directory.
Thanks!

- Haobo