Re: Strange behavior in CBQ for Reno TCP traffic

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Chetan Kumar wrote:

Hello again,
	I found that this problem vanishes, when I have audio, video and
ftp have the same priority. So there is something to do with priority, is
this a bug in CBQ implementation in NS ???

-Chetan S

*> Hi,
*>	I was running couple of CBQ simulations, this is the senirio
*>
*>1) A flat tree structure with classes
*>
*>Data 62,2     source FTP over TCP/Reno
*>Audio 3,1     source CBR size 190, at 1 ms interval
*>Video 32,1    source CBE size 500, at 2 ms interval
*>
*>This is same as cbqWRR test case in the validation test cases, expect for
*>FTP traffic replacing data (CBR) traffic.
*>
*>Now with one ftp session the simulation looks OK, with 2 ftp session the
*>FTP traffic is more flucating, and with 3 ftp session the total ftp
*>throughput reduces to almost zero at around 30 second.
*>
*>Has anybody experienced this kind of behavior, is there any pitfall in
*>what I am doing.
*>
*>-Chetan S