trace files

I have installed ns2.1b6 on my win95 system. This latest version of ns has
supposedly included the cmu extension. I couldn't install the cmu-ns on my
computer. My objective is to simulate a few ad-hoc network protocols such as
DSV and TORA and then to analyse the results. I know that this has been done
by the cmu group but I need to reproduce the same thing on my computer.
When I tried to use the perl script provided by cmu-ns, total.pl, to anaylse
my trace files, produced using ns2.1b6, there was a lot of errors. Have
anyone done a similar script for the ns version? Or is there any other way
to analyse the trace files. I have looked at the scripts provided by ns in
the bin directory and the finish proc in the test and example scripts but
couldn't find any.

I need to find out three things -

1. Packet Delivery Ratio (ratio of no. of packets received by the CBR sink
at the destination nodes and the total no. of packets transmitted by the
"application layer" CBR sources),

2. Routing Overhead (total no. of routing packets transmitted in the
network) and

3. Path Optimailty (the difference between the no. of hops a packet actually
took to reach its destination and the length of the shortest path that
physically existed throughout the network when the packet was originated).

I would appreciated it very much if anyone can advise me on how the above
three statistical information can be derived from the trace files.
Thank you very much.