Re: NS2.

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, Ankit Goel wrote:

> I have been working with 'ns-allinone-2.1b5'. In this process I consulted
> the tutorial on the following web site:
>
> http://titan.cs.uni-bonn.de/~greis/ns/ns.html
>
> They had a couple of sample scripts in tcl to illustrate the linkage
> between nodes under their section IV(i.e. on the link:
> http://titan.cs.uni-bonn.de/~greis/ns/ns.html). I tried running them but I
> am getting the following errors:
>
> ns: finish: couldn't execute "nam": permission denied

You can't execute a directory.

add the location of the nam binary to your path. Lobby the ns
maintainers to attic the ~ns/nam directory, whose contents aren't
compiled whatever the relevant contents of the Makefile might suggest,
and which are so far behind the current state of nam that resurrecting
them to integrate nam and ns would be a herculean effort; easier to
fix snoop.

hth,

L.