Re: Questions regarding the MAC layer in NS

> 3)   Is there any way to visually show collision on the MAC layer?  For

It was previously discussed in the mailing list. Seems that it is not
possible.

> 4)   I have not found any documentation on CSMA or Aloha protocol for the
> MAC layer.   Is there any support?  If not, what

There is no code Aloha and seems that the CSMA code, have been
commented out (this was also discussed in the list).

>       exactly would it entail to develop this.   I.E.  Would I need to write
> a new MAC class.  Would I need a new Agent?  Or

I don't think it is very difficult: take mac-802_3.cc and modify it; never
do carrier sense, don't stop the transmission when the collision is
detected and instead of the bin backoff choose an scheme like the one
given by Stallings in "Local Networks", which, as far as I can remember,
was something about taking a random number J uniformly distributed between
[0, K] and wait (J * _frame_transmission_time) seconds before tx. again.

Good luck,

/FCD